Snowy days

Friday, November 30, 2018

It was great to see everyone's' smiling faces after our break.  The kids were excited to share snow stories with me.  We had a very busy week getting back into the school routine.  In the coming weeks we will be learning about holidays around the world.  Thank you to all that took the time to answer the holiday survey.  I want to make sure all holidays celebrated are represented.  These next few weeks before the break are busy and fun.  I will have lots of pictures to share. Here is the link if you missed it the first time. 

 
We use dry erase markers very often.  I have noticed that lots of kids are getting it on their clothes.  We are now practicing setting it on the ground instead of our laps.  It can be very stubborn to get out of clothes.  I found this on pinterest of one mom's idea of how she was able to remove it.  I thought I would share it with you in case you have stubborn dry erase stains too.  I plan to keep some hairspray here at school so I can zap it super fast if someone does get it on their clothes.  If you would prefer that I not use it on your child's clothes please let me know.  I figured the faster we can get to it, the easier it would be to remove.  


We started talking about service learning this week.  We read several books where the characters are kids that help others.  We made a fantastic list of ways that we would like to help.  Stay tuned to find out what our service learning project will be!  


Learning Objectives:
Reading:  Checking the picture for a clue, cross checking with the first letter in the word, recognizing sight words, making connections to the text
Writing:   writing the letters correctly on the lines, telling a story across three pages
Math:  correct number formation, positional words, skip counting by 2s
Social Skills:  Service learning.  How can kids help?  

Here is our week in pictures:
4th grade came to share about Jingle Away JA day.  Lots of bells have been purchased!

These two friends were working on sentence puzzles about weather.

This friend was building and writing sentences.

Here are some beautiful mental images from our snowman poem this week.







We read, "Snowmen at Night" and made cute little snowmen of our own. 








 We used paint and Q-tips to count snowflakes as we added them.  Some of us chose to add over 100! 



Here is our special me for this week.  He did a great job answering our questions. 

Things to Remember:  
  • December 20 - Winter Parties
  • December 21 - January 2 - No School - Winter Break

No comments